News & Updates2014 ACEN Report to Constituents
Free Subscription to BRIDGES
ACEN is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation
The ACEN Supports Academic Progression in Nursing
- Joint Statement on National Nursing Accreditation and Academic Progression
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation News Release
November 5, 2015
National Nursing Education Accrediting Agencies Endorse Academic Progression to Help Nurses Meet Future Health Care Demands
Public Notice of Proposed
New and Revised Policy Changes
Per ACEN Policy #11, ACEN is providing notice of the proposed revised policies as well as Policies #27, 28, 29, and 30. Interested parties have the opportunity to offer comments from January 25, 2016 to February 15, 2016.
ACEN is seeking applicants for Associate Director
This position affords an opportunity for a qualified and experienced nurse educator or administrator to work with nursing education faculty to advance excellence, accountability, and continuous quality improvement in all types of nursing education programs.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
ACEN Board of Commissioners
and Nominating Committee
The ACEN is seeking nominations for open positions on the Board of Commissioners and the Nominating Committee. The following positions are on the 2016 election ballot:
- One (1) nurse educator representing baccalaureate, master, and/or doctoral nursing programs
- One (1) nurse educator representing associate nursing programs
- One (1) nurse educator representing diploma nursing programs
- One (1) nurse clinician/practitioner representing nursing service
- One (1) member representing the public
- One (1) nurse educator for the ACEN Nominating Committee
We encourage you to nominate a colleague or yourself for one of these important positions. Nominations are due to the ACEN office by February 28, 2016. We hope you will consider serving in one of these essential roles in support of nursing education programs.
Spring 2016 ACEN Self-Study Forums
The ACEN Self-Study Forums continue to be highly attended by nurse administrators and faculty from programs planning and preparing for an initial or continuing accreditation site visit. Attendees will find the Forum a valuable resource. We are now accepting registrations for the Spring 2016 Self-Study Forums in Phoenix and Atlanta. Click here to learn more about the ACEN Self-Study Forums.