The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) is seeking nominations for five Commissioners for the ACEN Board of Commissioners and one member for the ACEN Nominating Committee. The ACEN values the perspectives of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and seeks to include the broadest range of perspectives within the composition of the Board of Commissioners and the Nominating Committee.
ACEN Board of Commissioners
The Board of Commissioners is the governing board for the ACEN, which oversees the business, property and funds of the Corporation. The majority of the Commissioners’ time and effort is related to reviewing nursing programs seeking initial or continuing accreditation with the ACEN.
- Two nurse educators for a three-year term representing associate nursing programs
- One nurse educator for a three-year term representing baccalaureate nursing programs
- One nurse educator for a three-year term representing master’s/clinical doctorate nursing programs
- One nurse clinician/practitioner for a three-year term representing nursing service
- One member of the public for a three-year term
See ACEN Policy #2 Representation on Site Visit Teams, Evaluation Review Panels and the Board of Commissioners for eligibility information to serve as a nurse educator, nursing clinician/practitioner, or member of the public.
See ACEN Bylaws for role and responsibilities of Commissioners.
ACEN Nominating Committee
The Nominating Committee prepares the slate of candidates for the ACEN Board of Commissioners from the nominations made. See ACEN Policy #1 for Conflicts of Interest.
- One nurse educator, nursing clinician/practitioner, or member of the public for a three-year term
Nomination Process for Board of Commissioners and Nominating Committee
We encourage you to nominate a colleague or yourself for one of these important leadership positions. Nominations are due to ACEN by December 8, 2023. We hope you will consider serving in one of these essential leadership roles in support of nursing education programs.
- Please submit nomination form or nominate a colleague here.
If you cannot click on the link above, please copy and paste the following link in your browser.
If you have questions regarding the nomination process, please contact:
Jessica Gibson, Executive Assistant to the CEO