The National Task Force (NTF) on Quality Nurse Practitioner Education re-convened December 2019 to revise the 5th Edition of the Criteria for Evaluation of Nurse Practitioner Programs. Today, the NTF is releasing the draft Standards for Quality Nurse Practitioner Education, 6th Edition: A Report of the National Task Force Standards for Quality Nurse Practitioner Education (2021).
Since 1997, the NTF, a 19-organization collaborative, has maintained a commitment to quality nurse practitioner (NP) education through regular, periodic review of the standards and criteria. The draft is the result of a comprehensive two-year review and consensus-building process to ensure these national standards reflect the current higher education and healthcare environments as well as support quality NP education programs.
As part of the consensus-building process, the NTF is hosting two listening sessions to hear feedback on the draft document. These listening sessions will provide an opportunity to offer your input on specific criteria, voice what you like about the draft, and express your concerns. Each speaker will have up to 4 minutes to comment. Space is limited and is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. This will not be a dialogue – questions will not be answered during these listening sessions. These listening sessions are in lieu of accepting written comments.
To review the draft NTFS click here.
Listening sessions are scheduled for:
- August 12, 2021 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm EDT [UPDATE: All time slots filled]
- August 18, 2021 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm EDT [UPDATE: All time slots filled]
In addition to the NTF listening sessions, the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) welcomes written comments from our constituents for ACEN representation at the NTF meetings. Comments must be submitted on or before 5:00 PM. August 18, 2021 to https://www.acenursing.org/comments-draft-ntf-standards.
To participate in listening sessions:
- Sign up to speak by clicking here. [UPDATE: All time slots filled] https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D44AFAE2CA3F9CF8-national
- Select an open time slot that works for your schedule.
- Complete the information requested **double check that you have typed your email correctly**.
- You will receive confirmation that you are scheduled to speak.
- You may only sign up for one block of time.
Prior to the date of the listening session:
- You will receive a Zoom link via email. No phone/dial-in information will be provided, only an audio-visual Zoom link.
Day of the listening session:
- Login to the Zoom Link provided. Please make sure that your name is visible at the bottom of your picture square.
- Microphones will be muted except for the designated speaker.
- Be ready to speak 5 minutes before your scheduled time.
- The moderator will open your microphone, ask you to state your name, and direct you to start your remarks.
- Remember, you have a maximum of 4 minutes to speak. Your microphone will be muted at the end of your time.
We thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts. We anticipate release of the final document early December 2021.