REPORTING SUBSTANTIVE CHANGE – HOME • TEMPLATES • SUBSTANTIVE CHANGE PORTAL • NURSE ADMINISTRATOR CHANGE • PROGRAM OUTCOMES • DISTANCE EDUCATION • CURRICULUM • PROGRAM TYPES/OPTIONS • ENROLLMENT • LOCATIONS • CHANGE IN STATUS • MISSION/GOVERNANCE • CONTRACTS/CONSORTIA • CLOSINGS/INACTIVATIONS • TEACH-OUTS • NON-SUBSTANTIVE CHANGES
- A teach-out agreement or a teach-out plan is requested as a way for a governing organization/nursing program to demonstrate its obligation to fulfill its educational commitment to currently enrolled nursing students.
- A governing organization decides to close the institution, a nursing program, or an off-campus instructional site or branch campus where 100% of a nursing program is offered.
- The ACEN Board of Commissioners places the governing organization/nursing program on continuing accreditation for good cause.
- The ACEN Board of Commissioners denies the governing organization/nursing program continuing accreditation.
- The ACEN has reasonable cause for concern regarding the financial stability and/or continuing operations of a governing organization/nursing program it accredits.
- The ACEN grants candidacy to a governing organization/nursing program and the ACEN is the Title IV gatekeeper for the governing organization/nursing program.
See Policy #36 Teach-Out for more information.
Templates for Teach-Out
Teach-Out Plans and Teach-Out Agreements should be submitted through the Substantive Change Portal.