REPORTING SUBSTANTIVE CHANGE – HOME • SUBSTANTIVE CHANGE PORTAL • NURSE ADMINISTRATOR CHANGE • PROGRAM OUTCOMES • DISTANCE EDUCATION • CURRICULUM • PROGRAM TYPES/OPTIONS • ENROLLMENT • LOCATIONS • APPROVAL STATUS • MISSION/GOVERNANCE • CONTRACTS/CONSORTIA • CLOSINGS/INACTIVATIONS • TEACH-OUTS • NON-SUBSTANTIVE CHANGES
Non-Substantive Changes: Reporting Updates
To report changes to that are not considered substantive in accordance with Policy #14 Reporting Substantive Changes, but are necessary updates for our records, please use the Substantive Change Portal to submit a request using the Report a Non-Substantive Change form.
Examples of non-substantive changes include:
- Changes in contact information (legal name, credentials, email address, etc.)
- Changes in President/Chief Executive Officer
- Changes in mailing address for the Governing Organization or nursing education unit (not physical relocations)
- Changes in name for the Governing Organization (not as a result of a change in ownership/merger)*
*Note: For changes in governing organization name, please submit a notice on the organization’s letterhead and documentation verifying that the institutional accreditor and/or U.S. Department of Education have acknowledged the change.
Acknowledgment of Non-Substantive Changes
If you require official ACEN documentation for another agency or organization acknowledging a change that, in accordance with Policy #14 Reporting Substantive Changes, does not require reporting to the ACEN, please submit a request through the Substantive Change Portal using the Report a Non-Substantive Change form. Be sure to include the following information:
- Summary of the change
- Date of implementation
- Specification of any information that needs to be included in the ACEN response
If you have any questions about whether a change is considered substantive, please submit and inquiry in the Substantive Change Portal or contact the ACEN office at (404) 975-5000.