2020 SCHEDULE OF FEES FOR INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
Effective January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. All fees are in U.S. Funds
INTERNATIONAL CANDIDACY FEE
Candidacy is the beginning process for an international nursing program seeking accreditation with the ACEN.
INTERNATIONAL INITIAL ACCREDITATION FEES
Initial accreditation is the first review process for an international candidate nursing program seeking accreditation with the ACEN.
Initial Accreditation Fees
Charged only when the service is performed.
Prorated, as appropriate, based on date initial accreditation is granted.
INTERNATIONAL CONTINUING ACCREDITATION FEES
Once an international program has been granted initial accreditation, continuing accreditation is the cyclical review process for an accredited nursing program to maintain accreditation with the ACEN.
INTERNATIONAL SERVICE FEES
Additional service fees which may be incurred during initial accreditation or continuing accreditation processes. Charged only if and when a service is performed. Not applicable to all international programs.
A follow-up visit is a site visit authorized by the ACEN Board of Commissioners to review an internationally accredited nursing program when the program is granted one of the following: (a) Continuing Accreditation with Warning, (b) Continuing Accreditation for Good Cause, and in selected cases (c) Continuing Accreditation with Conditions.
International Advisory Review Fee
An Advisory Review is an optional service for an ACEN-accredited program to receive feedback from an ACEN professional staff member regarding draft accreditation documents as the program prepares for continuing accreditation. Charged only if and when a service is performed. Not applicable to all programs.
Advisory review fee (video/tele-conference) – $1,500.00
Fee for each additional program (within the same nursing education unit) – $750.00 plus all direct expenses
Advisory review fee* (on site) – $4,000.00
Fee for each additional program (within the same nursing education unit) – $750.00 plus all direct expenses related to the visit**
* Fees include the assigned professional staff member’s preparation time required to necessitate the Advisory Review. Fees do not include travel expenses (e.g., travel, food, lodging, etc.), which will be invoiced separately. The total number of days per visit is determined by the ACEN Staff.
** Refundable business class fares; ACEN will book flights for all representatives/peer evaluators.
The Appeal Fee applies only to an international program denied initial accreditation or continuing accreditation by the ACEN Board of Commissioners and the program chooses to appeal the Board’s decision.
Notice of intent to appeal fee (per program) – $10,000.00
Appeal process fee (per program) – $20,000.00
Administrative appeal fee – $5,000.00
– Payment of fees to the ACEN is an obligation for recognition as an accredited program. Payment of fees to the ACEN is an obligation for recognition as a candidate program..
– The ACEN invoices programs for all evaluation processes and an annual accreditation fee.
– Per Policy #7 Voluntary Withdrawal from ACEN Accreditation, the ACEN will deem as a voluntary withdrawal from accreditation any refusal or failure of an accredited program to pay its fees and expenses when due.
– Membership with another organization (i.e. NLN, OADN, etc.) is NOT required to be accredited by the ACEN.