Proposed Revisions to Policies
Per ACEN Policy #11 Public Notice of Proposed Policy Changes, the ACEN is providing notice of proposed revisions to Policies #2, #4, #10, #19, #24, #25, #36, and #38.
Interested parties have the opportunity to offer comments from June 16, 2022 to July 16, 2022. Please submit comments online at www.acenursing.org/comments-policy-proposals-june-2022.
Legend for proposed changes:
Proposed deletions have strikethrough and highlighted in yellow.
Additions are in red text.
- POLICY #2 REPRESENTATION ON SITE VISIT TEAMS, EVALUATION REVIEW PANELS, AND THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
- POLICY #4 TYPES OF COMMISSION ACTIONS FOR INITIAL AND CONTINUING ACCREDITATION
- POLICY #10 APPEAL PROCESS AND SUBMISSION AND REVIEW OF NEW FINANCIAL INFORMATION SUBSEQUENT TO ADVERSE ACTION
- POLICY #19 FOCUSED SITE VISIT
- POLICY #24 ASSESSMENT OF THE ADEQUACY OF STANDARDS AND CRITERIA, ACEN PROCESS, AND PRACTICES
- POLICY #25 TRANSFER OF CREDIT
- POLICY #36 TEACH-OUT
- POLICY #38 ARBITRATION
Rationale for All Proposed Changes
To ensure consistency with federal regulations.
Effective Date of Implementation of Proposed Changes
Immediately upon the approval of the ACEN Board of Commissioners. The ACEN Board of Commissioners is scheduled to meet July 21, 2022.