Administrative Assistant for Data Processing
Reports to: Administrative Assistant for Data Processing
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posted: November 12, 2021
The Administrative Assistant for Data Processing is an efficient, well-organized individual experienced in handling a wide range of administrative duties and support-related tasks. This role plays an integral supportive role to the Substantive Change Coordinator, so maintaining a team-mentality while working on solo tasks is imperative. This position processes and logs essential data pulled from change-in-information submissions, called Substantive Change Reports, submitted by ACEN-accredited nursing programs. Through this analysis, the level of significance of these changes with be determined and if necessary, the report will be escalated to the Substantive Change Coordinator.
The primary functions of the Administrative Assistant for Data Processing are to ensure the timely, comprehensive, and accurate processing of these reports as well as the preparation of documents that will be reviewed by the Substantive Change Coordinator. This role then saves all documents and decision letters for data retention. This opportunity allows for critical thinking, occasional problem-solving, and the ability to produce meaningful work that directly benefits the quality of nursing education.
- Receive, organize, and confirm completeness and relevance of incoming change submissions and following-up on open work tickets
- Systematize, record, and manage submitted service tickets
- Process incoming change submission reports and follow-up on requests for additional information
- Organize and prepare documents for Board of Commissioners (BOC) and Substantive Change Committee meetings
- Create and log BOC’s decision letters and update associated service tickets
- File BOC decision letters and distribute outcomes to Nurse Administrator and CEO
- Ensure reported changes are reflected in agency records
- Provide assistance to the Office of the CEO in creating reports for United States Department of Education (USDE)
- Update program accreditation status in the USDE Accredited Schools List (ASL) database
- Format and post BOCs’ decisions online in the ACEN website
- Coordinate scheduling of orientation sessions to Policy #14 Reporting Substantive Changes
- Respond to inquiries and provide support and information to nurse administrators and other external constituents
- Assist in the research and preparation of statistical reports
- Organize and maintain records and files
- Process nurse administrator changes and oversee the dissemination of the Nurse Administrator Welcome Packets to new nurse administrators
- Provide administrative support to front desk as needed, answering calls, checking voicemails, and redirecting calls to appropriate offices
- Perform database updates, including but not limited to changes in nurse administrators, CEO contact information and nursing education unit address updates, peer evaluator applicant records, and web listing of candidate programs
- Provide administrative support to internal operations, customer service, and support to external constituents.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
All of the following are required and considered critical elements to be considered for the position (as noted):
- Baccalaureate degree preferred; Associate degree required;
- 2+ years of related experience;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
- Excellent grasp of grammar, punctuation, and word usage;
- Excellent spreadsheet and data management skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet strict deadlines, and work independently;
- Demonstrated attention to accuracy, thoroughness, and detail;
- Adept at performing basic and advanced statistical analysis;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Microsoft Access a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others;
- Capable of working in a team-oriented environment;
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, and dependability; and
- Ability to maintain
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) supports the interests of nursing education, nursing practice, and the public by the functions of specialized accreditation for all levels of nursing education and transition-to-practice programs located in the United States, U.S. Territories, and internationally.
The ACEN is situated within walking distance of both Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square mall. With a free parking pass or MARTA pass provided to every employee, shopping and enjoying the heart of Buckhead is a bonus on top of all the great benefits listed below. The office building is elegant and secure, with magnificent views of the city.
- Paid Time Off which includes Annual PTO, which is accrued based on tenure, a Carryover Bank which may carry over unused Annual PTO, and Personal Bank PTO which can be taken without designating the time as sick leave, vacation, or a personal day.
- All employees are entitled to eight (8) paid legal holidays per calendar year.
- Health, Vision, Dental, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Life Insurance as well as Short-and Long-term Disability Insurance and Worker’s Compensation.
- Bonus Pay, which is determined based on ACEN’s annual operational revenues/expenditures.
- Employee Assistance Program offered.
- Free parking pass or MARTA pass
- Employer matching retirement 401K Plan
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
The ACEN requires evidence of being fully vaccinated with an FDA approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to beginning employment.
ACEN is an equal opportunity employer.
Send cover letter and resume to: