Web Content Manager
Reports to: Chief of Operations
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posted: June 1, 2021
Initial Review: June 14, 2021
The Web Content Manager reports to the Chief of Operations (COO). It is most important for the Web Content Manager to be in alignment with overall marketing and communications strategy and to provide communication options to the COO. This position is responsible for the development, management, and maintenance of the ACEN’s web presence, online eLearning programs, and oversight of ACEN’s marketing and communications.
- Works in partnership with the COO and other Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to support website timely and relevant content for ACEN programs, events, and announcements consistent with ACEN’s branding standards. The Web Content Manager is not responsible for creating the communications.
- Supervise Marketing and Communications Specialist in the planning and execution of marketing and communication campaigns, including but not limited to content for websites, social media, and email
- Works in partnership with the Marketing Communications Specialist and the Meetings & Conference Logistics Coordinator to support conference, forum, and workshop communications by suggesting web communication design, tracking requests, and providing completion status updates.
- Update the website and other platforms (e.g., CVENT, learning management system) as necessary.
- Manage the content, functionality, and format of the website and other platforms. This includes periodic audits to insure the content stays timely and relevant.
- Ensure website is optimized and updated with current search engine optimization (SEO) trends.
- Manage the security of the website and work with web service providers to identify and solve potential and actual security issues.
- Promote use of the website and other platforms as appropriate.
- Track the number of relevant user metrics of the website and other platforms.
- Update or create documentation on web administration processes and other platforms.
- Produce and manage content and delivery of eLearning activities.
- Configure eLearning activity settings and user accounts.
- Provide support for internal and external users of the website and other platforms and troubleshoot errors.
All of the following are critical elements to be considered for the position (as noted):
- Baccalaureate degree in computer science or related field
- Expert in WordPress CMS web development with 5+ years of experience
- Experience with CVENT and Learning Management System (LMS) platforms a plus
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Strong understanding of hypertext preprocessor (PHP) back-end development
- Skilled in developing responsive design websites
- Proficient with urchin tracking module (UTM) and trackable links for use with Google Analytics
- Experience in SEO implementation and optimization
- Experience supporting web and digital marketing initiatives
- Knowledge of web security protocols
- Ability to apply consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Technically savvy and someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and under deadline pressures
- Practical experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications a plus
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work hard and meet aggressive deadlines
- Flexible, change embracing in rapidly evolving work and environment
- Performance and results-oriented, as well as operationally focused
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and across teams
- Self-motivated, results driven, proactive, and energetic
- Reliable, detail-oriented, and highly organized
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) supports the interests of nursing education, nursing practice, and the public by the functions of accreditation. ACEN is an equal opportunity employer.
The ACEN requires evidence of being fully vaccinated with an FDA approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to beginning employment.
Send cover letter and resume to: