Programs applying for accreditation must prepare a Self-Study Report to demonstrate the extent to which the program meets the Accreditation Standards and Criteria.
The 2017 Standards and Criteria will become effective January 1, 2017.
- All programs being reviewed from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017 have the choice of being reviewed under the 2013 Standards and Criteria OR the 2017 Standards and Criteria. Programs must use either ALL of the 2013 Standards and Criteria or ALL of the 2017 Standards and Criteria. There cannot be “mixing and matching” between the 2013 Standards and Criteria and the 2017 Standards and Criteria.
- All programs being reviewed beginning January 1, 2018 will do so under the 2017 Standards and Criteria.
The process of self-study represents the combined effort of the governing organization administrators, nursing education unit administrators, faculty, staff, students, and other individuals concerned with the nursing program. All those associated with the program should participate in the self-study process. Broad participation leads to an understanding of the total program.
The Self-Study Forum
The Forums will feature the new 2017 ACEN Standards and Criteria. Learn about the Standards and Criteria and current policies in accreditation review. Gain knowledge in systematic planning for program evaluation and assessment of outcomes. Attend program specific sessions to discuss areas of mutual interests. Participate in networking opportunities. Earn continuing education credit.
FALL 2016 FORUM LOCATION & DATE
- October 6-7, 2016: Baltimore, Maryland [Filled to Capacity]
Lord Baltimore Hotel
20 W Baltimore St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
SPRING 2017 FORUM LOCATIONS & DATES
- March 16-17, 2017: New Orleans, Louisiana [REGISTRATION OPEN]
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
601 Loyola Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70113
- April 6-7, 2017: Atlanta, Georgia [REGISTRATION OPEN]
Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
100 CNN Center NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
The Special Session
A special session covering a specific topic is offered on the day prior to the start of the Self-Study Forum. The session is free to all registered participants of the Forum it precedes. The special session is not part of the Self-Study Forum agenda. Those planning to attend a session must indicate so in the online registration form. Attendance is not required.
FALL 2016 SPECIAL SESSION OFFERED
- Baltimore, MD: Thursday, October 7, 2016 at 9:30 AM
A Focus on Standard 4 Curriculum
SPRING 2017 SPECIAL SESSIONS OFFERED
- New Orleans, LA: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
A Focus on Standard 6 Outcomes
- Atlanta, GA: Thursday, April 6, 2017, 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
The Novice Accreditee: Making Sense of the Process
October 6-7, 2016
Lord Baltimore Hotel
View Tentative Forum Agenda
[Registration Closed – Filled to Capacity]
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Georgia Nurses Association,
an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission On Accreditation.