Position: Associate Director
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Opening Serial #: 201701_04
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Start Date: June 1, 2017
Initial Application Review: February 15, 2017
The Associate Director is a member of the professional staff of the Commission, appointed by and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. This individual handles primary liaison responsibilities between currently accredited programs and those seeking accreditation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct responsibility for a wide variety of multiple activities related to mentoring all types of nursing programs through initial and continuing accreditation processes;
- Participation in Board of Commissioner meetings and activities;
- Presentations at regional and national conferences representing the organization and the Commission;
- Research activities related to accreditation.
The Associate Director must:
- Possess a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited institution (doctorate in any field preferred);
- Possess teaching and administrative experience in higher education;
- Possess substantial knowledge of and experience with accreditation processes;
- Possess effective, professional written and oral communication skills;
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Exercise sound judgment and confidentiality;
- Manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines;
- Be proficient with the MS Office Suite of products, including MS Access; and
- Present a polished, professional demeanor at all times.
The Associate Director is a salaried, exempt position. Occasional evenings/weekends and travel required.
Send Letter of Application, CV, and a list of five references to:
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) supports the interests of nursing education, nursing practice, and the public by the functions of accreditation. The ACEN is the only USDOE-recognized nursing accrediting agency that serves all types of nursing education programs, including clinical doctorate, master’s and post-master’s certificates, baccalaureate, associate, diploma, and practical programs.
ACEN is an equal opportunity employer.